The Office of Experience (OX) is a full-service digital agency helping companies excel at every moment of interface they have with their customers. OX’s human-centered philosophy and multidisciplinary approach integrate strategy, design and technology to help organizations reinvent their business and rapidly bring new experiences, products and messages to market. In an era of unprecedented disruption, OX is built to transform.
As a Design Intern at OX, you will play a role in the conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and experiences. Understanding the fundamentals of visual design, you will bring exceptional creative thought and execution, assisting with the development and delivery of projects from brief to end user. Having an interest in digital design, the ideal candidate will have beginning experience or interest in everything from apps to websites, identity to print, and storyboards to video. You’ll assist in design execution and production across various accounts with impeccable detail, working as part of a team of talented individuals who all share a passion for craft. This is a 12 week, full-time internship based in Chicago in the summer of 2024. It is a hybrid role.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the design and broader project teams to bring digital marketing concepts to life
- Have a solid design background and be able to consistently generate original and near production-ready designs with oversight from Senior Creative Leadership
- Open to learning new skills and staying abreast of technical and digital design developments
- Work alongside design team and clients in a positive and collaborative manner
- Ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time and on budget, and to the highest quality
- Stay up to date with latest design and technology trends
- Other duties as assigned by your manager
- Currently pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Digital Media or related field; rising juniors, seniors or graduate students preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign; proficiency in Figma preferred
- Awareness and enthusiasm for current design and omni-channel marketing trends and technologies and an eagerness to grow your creative skills
- Desire to learn and apply your skills in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Passion for great design and systems thinking
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule and commute to downtown Chicago at least two days/week
Chicago / Hybrid
OX DE&I Statement
Know Better. Do Better. Be Better.
At The Office of Experience, we design experiences for people. All people. To ensure we deliver on that promise, we must widen the aperture of truth. That means having a diversity of voices at the table as we set out to create the most relevant and meaningful experiences possible. We are committed to hiring a diverse set of people, minds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to creating an equitable environment to ensure all our people have the support and opportunity they need to succeed. And we are committed to fostering an inclusive organization built on a foundation of trust as we create a culture that is fearless, collaborative, and embraces life.