The Office of Experience (OX) is a full-service digital agency helping companies excel at every moment of interface they have with their customers. OX’s human-centered philosophy and multidisciplinary approach integrate strategy, design and technology to help organizations reinvent their business and rapidly bring new experiences, products and messages to market. In an era of unprecedented disruption, OX is built to transform.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will be responsible for leading the development of high-quality, user-centric web applications. You will play a key role in driving our frontend architecture, designing scalable solutions, and providing technical guidance to the team. This role reports to the Principal Engineer.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead the development of sophisticated frontend applications using modern web technologies such as React, Vue.js, and various headless CMS platforms like Builder IO, Storyblok, and Contentful
- Implement responsive and accessible UIs, ensuring an optimal user experience across various devices and platforms
- Develop and maintain Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) with a focus on performance, reliability, and offline capabilities
- Collaborate with backend developers, designers, and product managers to deliver seamless and coherent product features
- Advocate for and ensure adherence to best practices in frontend development, including code quality, testing, and documentation
- Optimize application performance and scalability to handle growing user traffic
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in frontend development and evaluate their applicability to our projects
- Mentor junior developers, conduct code reviews, and contribute to team knowledge sharing and skill enhancement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5-7 years of professional experience in frontend development
- Experience in the agency or consulting environment
- Strong expertise in React and/or Vue.js
- Experience working with headless CMS platforms such as Builder IO, Storyblok, and Contentful
- Proven track record of developing and deploying Progressive Web Apps.
- Familiarity with state management libraries and modern frontend build pipelines and tools
- Understanding of server-side rendering and its benefits and use cases
- Experience with source control tools, preferably Git
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging, and performance optimization skills
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
Chicago / Hybrid
OX DE&I Statement
Know Better. Do Better. Be Better.
At The Office of Experience, we design experiences for people. All people. To ensure we deliver on that promise, we must widen the aperture of truth. That means having a diversity of voices at the table as we set out to create the most relevant and meaningful experiences possible. We are committed to hiring a diverse set of people, minds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to creating an equitable environment to ensure all our people have the support and opportunity they need to succeed. And we are committed to fostering an inclusive organization built on a foundation of trust as we create a culture that is fearless, collaborative, and embraces life.