CHICAGO—October 13, 2021— The Association for Supply Change Management (ASCM) is the global leader in supply chain certification, endorsement and education programs. Formerly known as the American Production and Inventory Control Society or APICS, the 60-year-old nonprofit needed to not only rebrand to ASCM but also shift their business model to be a corporate consultancy and thought leader for Fortune 500 companies.
ASCM came to the Office of Experience (OX), a Chicago-based design and digital innovation agency, to be their partner in digital transformation and to help them become a digital-first, insights-driven organization focused on the needs of their customers and members.
“OX was the catalyst for ASCM to accelerate their digital maturity,” says Carlos Manalo, co-founder of OX. “They needed to start with the basics of redefining process, people and technology. Their evolution was intentional, transformative and set them up to succeed with their new identity.”
OX led a multi-year, multi-pronged effort to transform ASCM at every touchpoint — streamlining processes and experiences to put the user at the center of the digital ecosystem. This vision necessitated deep audience research, differentiated brand-expression design, intelligent-systems architecture and rigorous technical development.
Additionally, OX created a unified product team from multiple siloed teams, and led the adoption of agile as a key pillar of ASCM’s digital transformation. This product team now deploys working software every three weeks based on processes OX put in place. OX technology leadership also augments the ASCM internal team, providing consulting services to improve operations and develop internal capabilities.
Transformative touchpoints in the new digital experience include:
- Improved development operations and deployment process, which now takes 30 minutes or less, compared to one- to two-business days. Rebuilt eCommerce experience replaces complex shopper flows with a simple, user-friendly experience.
- New User Acceptance Testing policy allows for the business to test features and functions within days and allows for continuous improvement of ASCM.org. Component library enables ASCM to get new pages up quickly – allowing industry thought leaders to react to the ever-changing global landscape in no time.
- Lead the replatforming solution onto the Optimizely (formerly Episerver) commerce and content platform, as well as integrating third-party platforms, such as Salesforce, Marketo, Aptify and Jitterbit as part of their tech stack.
- A user experience and brand voice that shifts ASCM’s previous product-first approach into one that positions ASCM as a transformational partner for B2B, B2C and B2CEO audiences.
The result: the new ASCM.org site brings multiple ASCM and APICS digital properties to life under a single clearly defined digital ecosystem.
To accomplish this, OX and ASCM:
- Redesigned the product merchandising experience to help customers better understand what product would be right for them.
- Redefined ASCM business rules and requirements with the goal to develop the ideal user experience for the B2C eCommerce purchase process.
- Created the process and development roadmap for new product launches and designed the experience for the go-to market product launch on ASCM.org.
“OX helped us completely transform how we do business,” says Sherri Goodlove, ASCM VP of Marketing. “It was more than a brand refresh. It was a reinvention of our entire process. With their help, we built a digital presence that truly represents us as a global leader in our complex industry. Our members, customers, and internal teams have never been so connected.”